Poole College of Management Recognizes Faculty and Staff Accomplishments for December and January
The monthly accomplishments series celebrates the achievements of our faculty and staff in and outside of the Poole College of Management.
- Stacy Wood, professor of marketing, began her three-year term as editor of the Journal of Consumer Research in January 2021.
- The Academy of Management Review named Bradley Kirkman’s, professor of leadership, research article as the second most-read article for 2020.
- Elena Kulchina, associate professor of strategic management, was elected an associate program chair for the Entrepreneurship and Strategy Interest Group at the Strategic Management Society (SMS). This is a three-year position, which starts as the associate program chair, then promotes to the program chair and finishes as the chair.
- Rob Handfield, professor of operations and supply chain management, was appointed to the board of Project N95, a nonprofit company that is tasked with helping smaller healthcare and diverse communities they get access to personal protective equipment.
- Sherry Fowler, professor of practice in information technology and business analytics, presented her research, “Detecting Violent Crime with Gang Social Media Postings”, at the Independent Commodity Intelligence Services 2020 Proceedings.
- Roger Mayer, professor of leadership, was selected to be a keynote speaker for the Center for Trust Studies Research at the University of Arizona.
- Jesica Thomas, lecturer and director of the Business Sustainability Collaborative, is working on research with grants from the National Science Foundation and the Kellogg Foundation.
This post was originally published in Poole College of Management News.