Seven Poole College Faculty Awarded Over $5,000 in Research Grants
The Faculty Research and Professional Development (FRPD) program is a funding partnership between NC State’s Office of Research and Innovation and each of NC State’s 10 academic colleges. Poole College of Management had seven faculty members across departments represented as grant recipients.
The primary objective of the program is to provide seed funding to individual investigators to jump-start larger awards and grants from external agencies. Each Poole College FRPD recipient has been awarded a grant in the amount of $5,333. Congratulations to our 2022 fiscal year recipients!
“This is an investment of more than $25,000 in early-stage research being led by Poole faculty,” said Brian Thomas, director of research development and advancement. “FRPD funding supports data collection, graduate students, and travel that allows our faculty to meet with their collaborating investigators. Each of the seven faculty members awarded an FRPD grant this year has an established track record of publishing in top-tier journals. By continuing to invest in their early-stage work we are supporting a continuum of research productivity.”
FRDP Grant Recipients
- Joe Brazel, professor of accounting | Data Analytics and Skeptical Actions: The Countervailing Effects of False Positives and Consistent Rewards for Skepticism
- Heather Dretsch, assistant professor of marketing | Designing Brand Secrets
- Ayse Kabukcuoglu Dur, assistant professor of economics | Political Uncertainty and US Foreign Direct Investment Flows
- Umut Dur, associate professor of economics | Matching Markets with Initially Assigned Individuals: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis
- Melinda Morrill, professor of economics | The Great Recession and Rising Food Insecurity Among Seniors
- Thayer Morrill, professor of economics | Interview Hoarding
- Rishika Rishika, associate professor of marketing | Circadian Rhythm and Healthy Shopping Behavior: An Empirical Examination Based on Large Scale Grocery Purchase Data
This post was originally published in Poole College of Management News.