Poole IT Service Desk is Now Open for Students, Faculty and Staff
Over the summer, Poole College of Management and University Facilities got to work building the Poole IT Service Desk on the second floor of Nelson Hall, suite 2400. The IT Service Desk supports all faculty, staff and students working in and attending classes in Poole College. No appointments are required to receive service.
“The new IT Service Desk will act as a technology hub for the faculty, staff, and students of Poole college,” said Sasha Challgren, director of IT. “We are providing real-time technical support with a primary focus on enhancing and expanding technology services to the entire college community while focusing on delivering exceptional service.”
“This new location provides opportunities for students to have an immersive experience while attending Poole college and gain real-world experience working as IT student consultants in providing IT support and expanding their knowledge while working alongside IT professionals. It also allows the Poole IT team to expand its level of support by offering additional support services, expanded support hours, and increasing our technical skill sets by working alongside some of the most creative and talented young minds attending NC State.”
- Technical support for most technical issues: software installation, troubleshooting, OS support (Mac and Windows).
- Support for personal machines: We will attempt to provide best effort, if we can’t fix it we will help you find a place that can.
- Loaner computers: We have loaner machines and tablets (both Mac and Windows OS ) available for checkout for you to borrow while your computer is being repaired
- Web services: We have student workers with web development experience who would love to help you with your research-related, specialized website projects.
- Custom projects: Our Student workers are eager to learn and help with your technology needs and help support any custom projects you might have- please contact the IT Director (submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a meeting to discuss your needs.
Hours of Operation
- Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday: 4 p.m.-8 p.m.
This post was originally published in Poole College of Management News.