Faculty & Staff

Poole Staff Spotlight: Meet Morgan Holcomb

By Caroline Barnhill

Working to support the marketing efforts for a college that teaches marketing? No pressure there! Luckily, Morgan Holcomb, Poole College’s associate director of marketing strategy for graduate programs, is up to the task.

Holcomb, who has been with the college since 2019, helps to drive and execute customer-focused marketing strategy and communications for multiple degree and non-degree graduate programs, with an ultimate goal to increase the quantity and quality of leads leading to enrollment growth.

Q&A with Morgan Holcomb

What is a project in your current role that you are particularly proud of? 

One of my proudest moments was working on our “One Day to MBA” campaign. It included designing a concept for creative ads for social media, in-mail ads on Linkedin, and a new Spotify script. In addition, I was also able to work with our college videographer, Jacob Deihl, to create a “One Day to MBA” video to showcase and highlight the benefits of the program.

What’s the most memorable Poole College event you have attended?

I attended the Wells Fargo Leadership Series event with Sepi Saidi and that event always sticks out in my mind because I had the opportunity to learn from a successful woman who was the founder and CEO of her own business. As a current MBA student and an NC State alumna, it made an impact on me to see someone that I admire and learn from her experiences.

Why do you love being a part of Poole?

Morgan cheering on the Pack with friends!

I love Poole College because the people here approach every day with the “think and do” mentality. Poole is constantly creating and innovating. They also do a good job of supporting the students within the college to make them feel encouraged and supported.

Tell us more about your life outside of Poole College.

In her free time, Morgan enjoys traveling with friends and family.

Outside of Poole College, I love to travel with friends and family. I enjoy exploring new places and immersing myself in a new culture. I also love attending NC State athletic events – from baseball to women’s basketball to football – you can typically find me supporting the Pack in my free time.

My Poole colleagues might not know…

I am certified to SCUBA dive. I got certified in Key West at the age of 15 and have been going on dives ever since. I am currently planning my next dive trip to West Palm Beach in March. Some colleagues might not know, but I am also an NC State Jenkins MBA student and plan to graduate this spring.

This post was originally published in Poole News.