Most Professional MBA students are aiming for a trajectory change, through upward growth, lateral transition or even a new venture. We promise to educate, prepare and celebr
Professional Evening and Online MBA students typically have career needs in one of four areas, and the CMC can provide support and guidance:
- Career Accelerators: The career goal of many Jenkins MBA students is to accelerate their climb through the corporate ranks of their current employers. The MBA provides the necessary credibility, business acumen and leadership skills necessary to accelerate within the organization.
- Career Changers: Some students leverage the MBA to change careers. The MBA program teaches business skills and offers functional experiences and exposure to other industries to help facilitate change.
- Career Explorers: While career changers usually have a career plan of which the MBA plays a part, career explorers may not have a plan, yet know that they don’t want to stay on their current career path. These students use their MBA experience to explore other career options available to them given newly-acquired business skills and experiences.
- Entrepreneurs: An MBA offers exposure to a wide range of issues that may make students better equipped to run a business. The Jenkins MBA Entrepreneurship and Technology Commercialization concentration (Area of Emphasis for Professional MBA students) is an excellent course of studies which meets this need.
Working Professional students who wish to make an external career transition may access a number of resources and opportunities such as:
- Online Job Postings
- Resume Database for Recruiters
- On-Campus Recruiting
- National diversity conference and North Carolina State University-hosted career fairs.
- Jenkins MBA-sponsored local events
We have created a Career Management Center website where you have 24/7 access to Interactive tools designed to help us to educate and connect with you. The CMC maintains a library of high-quality virtual materials covering management guidance, tools and videos that are continuously updated.
The CMC puts the needs of our students first. In addition to 1:1 scheduled meetings, we host regular drop-in office hours for MBA students. During these sessions, topics of coaching range from personal branding to interview preparation to salary negotiation, ensuring you begin to build your ideal career.
Webinars & Learning Labs
The CMC hosts numerous virtual webinars and face-to-face learning labs workshops to cover important topics such as best-in-class resume optimization, networking and interviewing. Webinars are typically held in the evenings, and learning labs during Saturday mornings and/or afternoons.