Business Analytics Certificate
The Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics helps to develop management professionals who are skilled in big data analysis and decision-making.
This certificate program provides management professionals with advanced skills and techniques to address both specific and industry-wide business problems.
Students must complete 14 credit hours to earn a Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics, which currently includes the courses listed below. For those students enrolled in the Poole College Jenkins MBA as well, two (2) credit hours are duplicated, so these students only need to complete 12 additional credit hours to complete the Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics.
Required Courses: (11 hours)
- MBA 506 Data-Driven Managerial Decisions 1 (1 hr)
- MBA 507 Data-Driven Managerial Decisions 1 (1 hr)
- MBA 551 Predictive Analytics for Business and Big Data (3 hrs)
- MBA 552 Data Engineering, Management, and Warehousing for Business (3 hrs)
- Required Practicum (3 hrs)-two options:
- Option A: MBA 559 Business Analytics Practicum
- Option B: One of the following subjects with Director approval:
- MBA 519 Enterprise Risk Management Practicum
- MBA 524 Equity Valuation
- MBA 549 Supply Chain Management Practicum
- MBA 589 Jenkins Consulting Practicum
Three hours of elective courses selected from the following list:
- ECG 561 Applied Econometrics I (3 hrs)
- ECG 562 Applied Econometrics II (3 hrs)
- MBA 545 Decision Making under Uncertainty (3 hrs)
- MBA 590 Digital Marketing (3 hrs)
- MBA 590 Marketing Analytics (3 hrs)
- MBA 590 Analytical Supply Chain Management (3 hrs)
- MBA 590 Innovation and the IoT Marketplace (3 hrs)
- Students must achieve a grade of B- or better (a cumulative 3.0 GPA) to earn academic credit toward the certificate.
- No transfer credits or course substitutions are accepted for this program.
- Students must complete certification courses within three years of starting the program to count toward the certificate requirements.
- Students can complete certificate courses during the in-person evening session or online.
- Current graduate students at NC State may not dual enroll into this certificate (exception – Jenkins MBA students).
Want to download a copy of our viewbook? Click here to submit a request.