Business Analytics Certificate
The Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics helps to develop management professionals who are skilled in big data analysis and decision-making.
This certificate program provides management professionals with advanced skills and techniques to address both specific and industry-wide business problems.
Students must complete 12 credit hours to earn a Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics, which currently includes the courses listed below.
- Prerequisite Courses:
- MBA 506 Data-Driven Managerial Decisions 1 (1 hr)
- MBA 507 Data-Driven Managerial Decisions 2 (1 hr)
Required Courses: (9 hours)
- MBA 551 Predictive Analytics for Business and Big Data (3 hrs)
- MBA 552 Data Engineering, Management, and Warehousing for Business (3 hrs)
- Required Practicum (3 hrs) – two options available:
- Option A: MBA 559 Business Analytics Practicum
- Option B: One of the following subjects with Director approval:
- MBA 519 Enterprise Risk Management Practicum
- MBA 524 Equity Valuation
- MBA 549 Supply Chain Management Practicum
- MBA 589 Jenkins Consulting Practicum
Three hours of elective courses selected from the following list:
- ECG 561 Applied Econometrics I (3 hrs)
- ECG 562 Applied Econometrics II (3 hrs)
- MBA 545 Decision Making under Uncertainty (3 hrs)
- MBA 548 Analytical Supply Chain Management (3 hrs)
- MBA 565 Marketing Analytics (3 hrs)
- MBA 566 Digital Marketing (3 hrs)
- MBA 590 Innovation and the IoT Marketplace (3 hrs)
- Students must achieve a grade of B- or better (a cumulative 3.0 GPA) to earn academic credit toward the certificate.
- No transfer credits or course substitutions are accepted for this program.
- Students must complete certification courses within four years of starting the program to count toward the certificate requirements.
- Students can complete certificate courses during the in-person evening session or online.
- Current graduate students at NC State may not dual enroll into this certificate (exception – Jenkins MBA students).
Want to download a copy of our viewbook? Click here to submit a request.