To qualify for the NC State Graduate Finance Certificate, students need to complete 12 credit hours, which includes the courses listed below. Once admitted to the program, students must complete the MBA 520 prerequisite before enrolling in any certification course.
- MBA 520 Managerial Finance (2 hrs)
- MBA 501 Financial Accounting (1 hr)
Nine hours of elective courses selected from the following list:
- MBA 521 Advanced Corporate Finance (3 hrs)
- MBA 523 Investment Theory and Practice (3 hrs)
- MBA 524 Equity Valuation (3 hrs)
- MBA 526 International Finance (3 hrs)
- MBA 529 Financial Modeling (3 hrs)
- MBA 590 Artificial Intelligence (1 hr)
- MBA 590 Essential Macroeconomics for Managers (1 hr)
- MBA 590 Financial Tech (1 hr)
- MBA 590 Managing Risks to Strategy (1 hr)
- MBA 590 Monte Carlo Decision Analysis (1 hr)
- Students must achieve a grade of B- or better (a cumulative 3.0 GPA) to earn academic credit toward the certificate.
- No transfer credits or course substitutions are accepted for this program.
- Students must complete certification courses within three years of starting the program to count toward the certificate requirements.
- Students can complete certification courses during the in-person evening sessions or online.
Students should review the certificate admissions information for additional qualifications and application submission information.
Want to download a copy of our viewbook? Click here to submit a request.Certificate Admissions Information