This program is an innovative option for professionals who want to become skilled in a field that significantly impacts every other industry.
Students focus on seeking, identifying and creating business opportunities, developing products/services, and building/maintaining customer relationships while discovering the skills and tools needed to succeed in today’s marketing climate.
NOTE: Effective spring 2022, the marketing certificate is only available for currently enrolled MBA students and Jenkins Master of Management students.
Students can earn an NC State Graduate Marketing Certificate by completing 12 credit hours, which currently includes the courses listed below.
Once admitted to the program, students must complete the MBA 560 prerequisite before enrolling in any other certification course.
- MBA 560 Marketing Management and Strategy (2 hrs)
- MBA 561 Consumer Behavior (3 hrs)
- MBA Marketing Elective (1 hr)
One research-oriented course from the following list:
- MBA 562 Marketing Research Methods (3 hrs)
- MBA 565 Marketing Analytics (Formerly MBA 590) (3 hrs)
- MBA 566 Digital Marketing (Formerly MBA 590) (3 hrs)
One elective course selected from the following list:
- MBA 562 Marketing Research Methods (3 hrs) if not taken as the research-oriented course
- MBA 563 Product and Brand Management (3 hrs)
- MBA 564 Business Relationship Management (3 hrs)
- MBA 565 Marketing Analytics (Formerly MBA 590) (3 hrs) if not taken as the research-oriented course
- MBA 566 Digital Marketing (Formerly MBA 590) (3 hrs) if not considered as the research-oriented course
- Students must achieve a grade of B- or better (a cumulative 3.0 GPA) to earn academic credit toward the certificate.
- No transfer credits or course substitutions are accepted for this program.
- Students must complete certification courses within four years of starting the program to count toward the certificate requirements.