Operations & Supply Chain Management Certificate
With an emphasis on information and supply flow, students develop the skills needed to write comprehensive management reports, manage teams of workers, and make persuasive management presentations.
The Operations and Supply Chain Management Certification program provides students with in-depth knowledge of the entire supply chain process, from raw materials to finished products.
Upon earning this certification, students will have the practical insight needed to pursue a new career or advance in their current role.
To earn a Supply Chain Management Certificate, students need to satisfy 12 credit hours, which currently includes the courses listed below.
Once admitted to the program, students must complete the MBA 506 and 540 prerequisites before enrolling in any certification course.
- MBA 506 Data-Driven Managerial Decisions 1 (1 hr)
- MBA 507 Data-Driven Managerial Decisions 2 (1 hr)
- MBA 540 Operations and Supply Chain Management (2 hrs)
Three elective courses selected from the following list:
- MBA 541 Supply Management (3 hrs)
- MBA 542 Supply Chain Logistics (3 hrs)
- MBA 543 Planning and Control Systems (3 hrs)
- MBA 545 Decision Making Under Uncertainty (3 hrs)
- MBA 548 Analytical Supply Chain Management (Formerly MBA 590) (3 hrs)
- MBA 549 Supply Chain Practicum (3 hrs)
- MBA 553 Business Process Design and Analysis (3 hrs)
- MBA 590 Healthcare Supply Chain Analytics (3 hrs)
- MBA 590 Operations Analysis (3 hrs)
- MBA 590 Strategic Operations Management (3 hrs)
- Students must achieve a grade of B- or better (a cumulative 3.0 GPA) to earn academic credit toward the certificate.
- No transfer credits or course substitutions are accepted for this program.
- Students must complete certification courses within three years of starting the program to count toward the certificate requirements.
- Students can complete certificate courses during the in-person evening session or online.
- Current graduate students at NC State may not dual enroll into this certificate (exception – Jenkins MBA students).
Want to download a copy of our viewbook? Click here to submit a request.