Admissions and Application Process
Complete the McLauchlan Leadership application process in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Review the fellowship requirements.
All Jenkins MBA students (Full-time, Professional Evening, Professional Online) are eligible to apply to become McLauchlan Leadership Fellows.
Exception: Professional Evening and Online MBA students currently participating in a corporate leadership development program are not eligible to apply.
- Currently enrolled Jenkins MBA student
- Not currently participating in a corporate leadership development program
- Ability to participate in all McLauchlan Leadership Program sessions, including a mid-November kick-off.
Step 2: Prepare application materials.
Applicants will need to submit a completed application package that includes the following items:
- Basic student information
- A copy of your professional resume/CV
- Video essay
Application requirements discussed in greater detail below.
- Complete Online Application Form
- Upload resume (part of the Online Application Form)
- Create video and email it to Program Director, Leigh Shamblin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3-5 minute video essay answering the following questions:
- Where do we need the most leadership in the world today, and why?
- Why I want to join this program and what I’d like to get out of it?
- What can I contribute to the program, if selected?
Application Review & Selection
The program is competitive, and will accept 20-25 students in each cohort. The McLauchlan Leadership Committee, comprised of Jenkins Graduate School of Management faculty, administrators, and the McLauchlan family, reviews all applications.
Students should contact the Program Director, Dr. Leigh Shamblin, at email@example.com or the Project Coordinator, Candise Lewis, at firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions and requests for assistance.
Key Dates and Logistics
|Online application available||August 21, 2019|
|Application submission deadline||September 29, 2019|
|Fellows announced||October 9, 2019|
|McLauchlan Leadership Series kick-off celebration||November 15, 2019|
|Session I: Personal Leadership||January 24-25, 2020|
|Session I Inclement Weather Makeup Dates||January 31-February 1, 2020|
|Session II: Team Leadership||February 21-22, 2020|
|Session III: Organizational Leadership||March 20-21, 2020|
|Closing Dinner||May 6, 2020|
The fellowship covers course fees and selected meals while the course is in session.