Admissions and Application Process
Complete the McLauchlan Leadership Series Fellowship application process in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Review the fellowship requirements.
All Jenkins MBA students (Full-time, Professional Evening, Professional Online) are eligible to apply to become McLauchlan Leadership Fellows.
Exception: Professional Evening and Online MBA students currently participating in a corporate leadership development program are not eligible to apply.
- Currently enrolled Jenkins MBA student
- Not currently participating in a corporate leadership development program
- Ability to participate in all McLauchlan Leadership Program sessions, including a mid-November kick-off.
- Commitment to provide at least 10 hours of mentorship to others post-program.
Step 2: Prepare application materials.
Applicants will need to submit a completed application package that includes the following items:
- Basic demographic information
- A copy of your professional resume/CV
- Video essay
Application requirements are discussed in greater detail below.
- Video essay (3–5 minutes) answering the following questions:
- Where do we need the most leadership in the world today, and why?
- Why I want to join this program and what I would like to get out of it?
- What can I contribute to the program, if selected?
Application Review & Selection
The program is competitive and will accept 20-25 students each year. The application review committee, comprised of Jenkins Graduate School faculty, administrators, and the McLauchlan family, reviews all applications.
Students should contact the Program Director, Dr. Leigh Shamblin, or the Project Coordinator, Candise Lewis, at email@example.com with additional questions and requests for assistance.
Key Dates and Logistics
|Online application available||August 23, 2021|
|Application submission deadline||September 27, 2021|
|Selection decisions released to applicants||October 12–16, 2021|
|McLauchlan Leadership Series kick-off celebration||November 12, 2021|
|Session I: Personal leadership||January 28–29, 2022|
|Session II: Team leadership||February 25–26, 2022|
|Session III: Organizational leadership||March 25–26, 2022|
|Closing dinner||May 4, 2022|
*Inclement weather makeup days: February 4-5, 2022
The fellowship covers course fees and selected meals while the course is in session.