Petition to Add MBA Classes
Graduate degree-seeking students at NC State who are not enrolled in the MBA program and would like to request a seat in an MBA course may submit a Petition to Add form. Please review the following guidelines and instructions before completing the Petition to Add form.
Follow the steps below to request a seat in an MBA course. All electronic Petition to Add forms must be submitted online. Only eligible courses will be listed on the form. Note: Petitions are not eligible for core MBA courses (501, 502, 505, 506, 507, 510, 512, 520, 530, 531, 532, 540, 560, 580 and 610).
There are potential exceptions for students completing requirements for the SAP certification.
Who Should Complete this Process?
- If you are a non-MBA graduate degree-seeking student and wish to request a seat in an MBA course, you will need to read this document and submit an electronic Petition to Add form. The form will be available on this website during the dates listed below.
- If you are a current MBA student or enrolled in a dual-degree with the MBA program, please contact your Advisor.
Directions and Policy
- Failure to provide and submit all requested information on the electronic Petition to Add Form by the deadline will prevent a review of your petition.
- Petition to Add Forms requests that include ineligible MBA courses (as noted above) will be deemed invalid.
- The Petition to Add Form will require you to sign in through your NCSU Gmail account since it records your Unity ID with submission. No requests to share the document will be accepted since it is accessible to only NCSU accounts.
- All requests must be submitted through the electronic Petition to Add Form. No emails, paper copies, in-person, faculty, or phone requests are accepted. The form will be available on this website.
- If your petition is granted, but the MBA Program is unable to add the course due to a schedule conflict, credit hour limit, or other restriction, your request will become invalid. The MBA Program may try to add the course before notifying you to ensure your schedule will accommodate the request.
The Review Process
- The College of Engineering will make enrollment decisions for students in their programs. Students should contact their program directors or advisor if they have any questions.
- For all other programs, the MBA Office will notify you by email whether or not you were granted a seat by the date posted below.
- Once approved, the MBA Program will add you to the petitioned course(s). Your schedule in MyPack Portal will reflect and confirm this update.
- Submitted Petition to Add forms do not guarantee a seat in the class.
- If you secure a seat, you must begin attending class immediately. You should already have access to the course and see it listed in your MyPack Portal. You are responsible for paying any additional fees or tuition expenses that may accrue from adding the requested class.
- If you do not receive a seat assignment, you should not contact the MBA Office or the professor to ask for their assistance.
If you have questions, please be sure to review this website carefully. If you are unable to find answers to your questions, contact email@example.com. Please be sure to include your full name and student ID in the subject line.
Spring 2023 Petition to Add
The Spring 2023 Petition to Add process opened on November 14, 2022 by 9am. The submission deadline was November 28, 2022 at 5pm. We will not consider late submissions – no exceptions. Students will be notified of the decision by December 12, 2022. Please review the above policies and procedures for more information on notification.
Summer 2022 Petition to Add
The Summer 2022 Petition to Add process opened on April 18, 2022. The submission deadline was April 25, 2022 at 5pm. We will not consider late submissions – no exceptions. Students will be notified of the decision by May 9, 2022. Please review the above policies and procedures for more information on notification.
Fall 2022 Petition to Add
The Fall 2022 Petition to Add process opened on July 5, 2022. The submission deadline was July 18, 2022 at 5pm. We will not consider late submissions – no exceptions. Students will be notified of the decision by August 17th, 2022. Please review the above policies and procedures for more information on notification.