Frequently Asked Questions
What next steps do I need to take to secure my admission?
1. Submit Final Information to The Graduate School: Before you can be fully admitted, you must submit all final documentation, which includes all official transcripts and any international student document required (if applicable). Following submission The Graduate School will email to you an official decision letter than includes your NC State University “Unity ID.”
2. Submit Enrollment Deposit: If you have not already done so, please complete your Intent to Enroll form and submit your $300 Enrollment Deposit. Instructions for submitting your deposit are available in your official admission email from the Dean of the The Graduate School.
Do I need immunizations?
Your official admission letter from The Graduate School will state that you need to complete an immunization form and will provide you with instructions to do so.
What is the difference between Unity ID and Campus ID and Student ID?
Each person affiliated with NC State University is assigned a Unity ID and Unity password. This is included in your official admittance email from The Graduate School.
Please note that your Unity ID is different from Campus ID.
The NC State University Office of Information and Technology (OIT) has a webpage dedicated to describing your Unity ID and Campus ID.
Your Unity ID
- Has eight or fewer characters
Examples: eapoe, jddoe4, owinfrey, tseliot2
- Has letters generated from your initials and last name
- May end with one or more numerals (if the letters generated for you match those for someone else)
- Synonyms: Unity username, Unity user ID, Unity login ID
You’ll need your Unity ID and password when you log in to:
- MyPack Portal
- Secure Web sites
- Certain OIT services
- Other university IT resources
Your Campus ID
- Has nine numerals (no letters)
Example: ID # 123456789
- Follows “ID #” on your NC State University Wolfpack One Card
- Synonyms: Student ID Number, Employee ID Number, Peoplesoft ID Number
Your Campus ID is also included in the official admit email from The Graduate School, and we will share information with you on how to obtain your Wolfpack One Card in MBA Launch.
Do I need to purchase a laptop computer?
The Jenkins MBA program requires all students own or have access to a laptop computer.
Please note that some classes use software that only works with Windows, so if you are not using a Windows computer you may need to obtain supplemental software to address compatibility issues such as Boot Camp.
For more information and additional NC State recommendations on laptop purchases please see: NC State Computer Recommendations. Note: recommendations for the 2017-2018 academic year will be posted summer 2017.
What do I need to know about Tuition and Billing?
Students will receive tuition bills via email after they register for classes. The date you receive your E-bill will depend on when you were officially admitted by the Graduate School. Please be sure to add email@example.com to your list of trusted senders. You may also check your bill by logging in to MyPack Portal. To login, you’ll need your Unity/User ID and password, which is contained in your official acceptance letter from The Graduate School.
You may pay your tuition bill online by credit card (ePay). The University accepts Master Card or American Express. However, Visa or Discover are not acceptable methods of payment. For more information, please see Payment Options. Please refer to the Cashier’s Office for information about due dates.
If you have questions about financial aid, requirements for aid, or student loans please contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid for assistance.
You may find additional information about NC State Assistantships and Scholarships in the Admissions section of the MBA website.
Do I need to secure a parking permit before I arrive on campus?
If you plan to park your car on campus on a regular basis between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., we strongly recommend you purchase a parking pass. Parking after 5:00 p.m. is free. Parking permits are required whenever you park on campus. An open sale will begin in July for graduate students and continue until all permits are sold. Permit eligibility is determined by credit hours or graduate status. Graduate status precedes credit hours in the process.
To apply for your parking permit, please visit the NC State Transportation Office website. You will need your 9 digit Campus ID number (ex: 123123123). You should check the transportation website to see when you can apply for a parking permit (and as early as possible), as parking permits for the Dan Allen Deck (next to Nelson Hall, home of Poole College of Management) sell out quickly.
Do I need to take any preparatory courses prior to enrolling in MBA courses?
All students must have completed either an undergraduate statistics or calculus course with a grade of “C” or better prior to beginning MBA coursework.
If you did not complete this requirement prior to being admitted, please refer to the following:
A statistics course equivalent to ST 311 or ST 350
A calculus course equivalent to MA 121, MA 131, or MA 141
Additionally all new Jenkins MBA students must complete MBA Math; detailed information is available in the Orientation Moodle web site. If you have any questions you can contact your academic advisor.