Meet the New MBA Student Association Board

The MBASA provides a chance for students to interact with fellow students, faculty, business leaders, and the surrounding community. Meet the leaders who are aiming to offer a series of activities that enhance the MBA experience.

Six MBA students posing the wolfpack sign in front of the MBA sign.

The MBA Student Association (MBASA)

The organization offers a series of activities to address professional and business issues that are not generally included in the formal program, but are critical to the overall MBA experiences. The MBASA seeks to enhance the educational experience by:

• Providing social events to unite the student population
  • Bringing together alumni, area business leaders, and MBA students for collaboration
  • Promoting the prestige of the NC State MBA program
  • Creating an opportunity for students to supplement their classroom education
  • Mentoring new MBA students and familiarizing them with the campus and the program
  • Strengthening community ties through outreach activities

President: Luke Hale

Hometown: Cary, NC

Program: Full-Time

Area of Interest: TEC and Supply Chain

Position: President

What activities/experiences are you looking forward to within MBASA?

Supporting the passions and brilliance of our classmates as they pursue their passions and practice their leadership.

What interested you in serving on the board and being more involved with MBASA?

I believe Jenkins is a top business program filled with top student talent. I want to help showcase the talent of my classmates and energize the Jenkins MBA brand to project grit and action.

What will your position be on the MBASA board and what responsibilities do you have?

As President of MBASA I am in charge of setting the vision, and oversee the direction of the association. Engage with key stakeholders and partners to provide the support needed by the rest of the cabinet, club leadership, and student members to execute their initiatives. Provide moral and physical support to the efforts of my peers in the organization.

How do you plan to utilize your degree after graduation?

It is my goal to use my degree to facilitate a successful career of leadership and innovation in the technology industry.

Vice President: Jen Todd

Hometown: Mission Viejo, CA

Program: Full-Time

Area of Interest: Finance

Position: Vice President

Duke MBA Games supporting the Special Olympics

The opportunity to partner with my cohort to have a positive and long lasting impact on our Jenkins MBA community.

As Vice President of MBASA I am responsible for developing the annual budget, creating and maintaining appropriate standard operating procedures to ensure accurate revenue and expense tracking, reconcile our bank account, assist in the development of project planning for new student initiatives, and promote all events within the MBASA organization.

I plan to use my degree to help me be the most effective and impactful internal financial and strategy consultant possible. My goal is to use the knowledge I gained during my MBA to have a direct positive impact not only our company bottom line, but on local and global communities that we interact with as well.

Event Co-Chair: Shannon McKean

Hometown: Hickory, NC

Program: Full-Time

Area of Interest: Marketing

Position: Event Co-Chair

I am looking forward to creating fun events where members can take a break from classwork and get to know one another better!

I was interested in serving on the board to create a positive impact within the MBA program that will hopefully continue and evolve year after year.

As event co-chair, I help compile the schedules of the first-year and second-year students to find time during the semester to plan fun events. Then, I help brainstorm events, create a social event calendar, and set up and co-lead the events.

I plan to utilize my MBA to provide marketing and strategy insights to a company. My goal is to become a manager one day. I am grateful to announce that I have accepted a Strategy & Management role at a bank following graduation.

Event Co-Chair: London Hu

Hometown: Baton Rouge, LA

Program: Full-Time

Area of Interest: Marketing

Position: Event Co-Chair

The events! We had a great art event and game night on September 19th. All the art we made was placed on display in the MBA Lounge, and we’re hoping to continue the tradition and see the class artwork expand over the years.

I wanted a chance to make a difference in core parts of the program that I felt needed help. We are the most diverse cohort, but our inclusion needs work. I joined to represent the LGBTQ+ community and support minority voices.

I am event co-chair, responsible for making parties happen!

I plan on leveraging my degree to help corporations with fresh, inclusive branding.

Communications Chair: Aliah Price

Hometown: Charlotte, NC

Program: Full-Time

Area of Interest: Marketing/Innovation

Position: Communications Chair

Social events, community service, work with FY MBA students

Serving my classmates and cultivating a culture within the Jenkins MBA program that encourages people to get involved and want to be apart of something bigger.

Communication Chair, serve as the main point of contact for the organization and help spread the word about events and activities we are organizing.

After graduation I hope to pursue a Product Marketing Manager position.

GSA Representative: Vinay Patel

Hometown: Cornelius, NC

Program: Full-Time

Area of Interest: Finance and Marketing, double concentration

Position: GSA Representative

I am looking forward to more social events with our classmates and the first years. Using my background to enhance the MBASA and create a better lasting legacy at Jenkins. Using my position as the GSA Rep. to better advocate for the MBA program and make sure we get the recognition that we deserve.

I feel like the MBASA was lacking in organization when I first joined the program and I wanted to change that. I also wanted to leave a lasting footprint on NC State, especially since this is my 5th year here since I did college here too.

I am the GSA Representative. I am in charge of going to weekly meetings with the MBASA leadership and weekly meetings with the graduate student association. At the GSA meetings I am responsible for advocating for the Jenkins MBA program. Discuss things like what we are doing, what we plan on doing, how our events are going, and anything else related.

Post graduation, I plan on using my degree to go into the Financial industry. I am pleased to say that I have the opportunity of returning to Wells Fargo in their Corporate Risk Rotational Program.