The NC State Jenkins MBA community – students, alumni, faculty, staff, employers and friends – raised the bar in 2016.
We have worked tirelessly to think beyond traditional boundaries and do the extraordinary. We share with you some of our accomplishments together:
Amazing performance in nearly all major MBA rankings. Among these are:
- #7 Military Friendly school among tier-1 research institutions, Military Friendly Schools
- #9 ranking for the Professional Online MBA, Princeton Review
- #19 ranking for Supply Chain Graduate Programs, Gartner
- #34 ranking for the Professional Evening MBA, US News & World Report
- #52 ranking for the Full-time MBA, US News & World Report
- #89 ranking worldwide for the Full-time MBA in our first-ever appearance in The Economist
A growing reputation for graduating MBA students prepared to deliver value to hiring organizations from day one, reflected in statistics like:
- 92% of 2016 graduates accepting full-time positions within three months of graduation
- Average starting salary for 2016 graduates $81,000 with average signing bonus of $9,500
- #14 worldwide ranking for pre- versus post-MBA salary growth, The Economist
Incredible results realized by students applying knowledge gained through the program. These accolades include, but are certainly not limited to:
- National Black MBA Chrysler Case Competition – 2nd place team and 4th place in the Whiteboard Challenge
- Novo Nordisk Innovation in Action Competition – representation on first place team, which advanced to the international finals in Denmark and defeated the Danish team to become global winners
- LES Foundation Business Plan Competition – 1st place
- Lulu eGames entrepreneurship competition – a total of 7 finalist teams, 2 third place, 2 second place and 1 first place winner
- Invest for Impact Competition – 2nd place
- Successful student-managed events, including FoodCon and the Innovative Women’s Conference
Program enhancements designed to optimize the Think and Do experience.
- Curriculum redesign to improve the foundation, enhance experiential learning, and deepen analytical and critical thinking skills development
- Launch of McLauchlan Leadership Series, for which we recently identified our 2017 fellows
- Hosting of our first major case competition, the NC State Grand Business Challenge, sponsored by Merck
- Launch of Alumni Career Management Program, giving Jenkins MBA alumni access to virtual resources, executive coaching sessions and new networking opportunities
- Launch of NC State Military and Veteran Resource Center
World-class faculty and administration leading us into the future.
- Annette Ranft joins Poole College of Management as dean and Stephen P. Zelnak Jr. chair
- Two Poole College professors receive NC State’s Holladay Medal for Excellence
- Fay Cobb Payton, professor of information technology, received the NC Technology Association’s Tech Educator of the Year Award and was named an NC State University Scholar
We have much to be proud of but the hard work is just beginning. We are energized by the challenge and see great promise for the NC State Jenkins MBA in 2017.