Juris Doctor at Campbell University
Learn the delicate balance between business and law, and prepare yourself for a wide range of careers through this individualized four-year program.
The JD/MBA is a popular dual degree arrangement around the country. Our program merges the fields of business administration with careers in law and public service, enabling students to earn both degrees in four years of full-time study, rather than the usual five.
Graduates of the JD/MBA program pursue careers in business, finance, law, government, nonprofit organizations, teaching, and research. Our JD-MBA Program gives students the tools to be successful as a business leader with legal expertise, or within a law career rooted in business management.
Prospective students must apply to and receive acceptance into both the Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law at Campbell University and the College of Management. This process entails submitting all required application materials and meeting the admission standards of both programs. Students enrolled at Campbell Law School do not need to submit GMAT or GRE scores when applying to the Jenkins MBA program.
Course Sequence & MBA Requirements
Students will be assigned an MBA advisor to help plan out a schedule to fulfill the following requirements.
At a minimum, dual-degree MBA/J.D. students must complete 40 credit hours for the MBA program.
- Core Classes: 21 Hours
- Students will take the MBA core classes in their 2nd year according to the typical Full-time MBA Schedule.
- Concentration Classes: 12 Hours
- MBA Electives: 7 hours
- Can count toward hours for concentration
- Analytics/Quantitative Course
- Can count toward hours for concentration or elective
The four year course sequence is as follows:
- Fall Semester 1 – J.D. Classes
- Spring Semester 2 – J.D. Classes
- Fall Semester 2 – 15 Hours of Core MBA classes
- Spring Semester 2 – 6 Hours of Core MBA classes & MBA concentration or electives
- Fall Semester 3 – J.D. Classes & MBA concentration or electives
- Spring Semester 3 – J.D. Classes & MBA concentration or electives
- Fall Semester 4 – J.D. Classes & MBA concentration or electives
- Spring Semester 4 – J.D. Classes & MBA concentration or electives