The rigorous Jenkins MBA program seeks applicants who display a combination of strong intellectual performance, leadership skills, teamwork orientation and a desire to embrace innovation and entrepreneurial thinking within the business environment.
Applying to the Jenkins MBA
Acceptance into the Jenkins MBA program revolves around more than just GPA and GMAT/GRE scores. The decision is based on a candidate’s overall combination of academics, strengths, and experience. In addition to test scores, we look for evidence of academic promise from previous undergraduate and graduate work. We also value a candidate’s aptitude for management through full-time employment, volunteer or military experience.
View our Current Class profiles, providing key statistics about our most recently enrolled MBA students:
- Four year bachelor’s degree (or US degree equivalent) from a regionally accredited college or university*
*International students with a three year bachelor’s degree or transcripts in a language other than English are required to request a course-by-course evaluation, as well as a conversion to a GPA on a 4.0 scale. For more information, please click please refer to The Graduate School. We recommend evaluations be conducted by World Education Services.
- Completion of an undergraduate statistics course with a grade of “C” or better prior to beginning MBA coursework. You may apply before completing the statistics requirement, however, a transcript indicating completion must be received and reviewed before the beginning of the semester.
A statistics course equivalent to ST 311 or ST 350
You can determine if you took a class equivalent here.
If you need to take a course, you may view NC State University course options here.
- Two years of full-time, post-baccalaureate professional employment is required for applicants to the Professional Evening and Online MBA programs. The same experience is not required, but highly recommended, for the Full-time MBA program. Work experience waivers may be considered for those with military service or special circumstances.
International applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Transcripts and Official Documentation
- All official transcripts, diplomas, and academic records must be in English or translated into English.
- Students with a three-year bachelor’s degree or transcripts in a language other than English must request a course-by-course evaluation, as well as a conversion to a GPA on a 4.0 scale. We recommend World Education Services for course evaluations and assessments. For more information, please refer to The Graduate School.
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Students who have completed one year or more of full-time study as a degree-seeking student in a US four-year institution are not required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
- All other applicants must submit a TOEFL score unless approved for a waiver. The minimum TOEFL score for admission is at least 100 on the internet-based test (250 computer-based) and the minimum IELTS score is at least 7.5. Scores are valid for two years. The institution code is 5496.
Mail official copies of your TOEFL or IELTS score to:The Graduate School
North Carolina State University
1020 Main Campus Drive, Room 2300A
Campus Box 7102
Raleigh, NC 27695-7102
International applicants should refer to the Policies and Procedures for additional admissions information.