Test Waiver Information
Applicants to the Jenkins MBA program may qualify for a GMAT/GRE waiver or GMAT fee waiver. International applicants may also be eligible for a TOEFL/IELTS waiver. Please carefully review the guidelines prior to submitting a waiver request.
Professional Evening and Online MBA Applicants
Professional Evening and Online MBA applicants are not required to submit GMAT or GRE scores but may choose to do so.
Full-time applicants who fit one or more of the following criteria are encouraged to apply for a waiver:
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of a 3.6 or higher from the degree-granting institution (GPA must be on a US degree with a 4.0 scale)
- *Completed graduate degree or US graduate degree equivalent
- Ten or more years of full-time, professional post-baccalaureate work experience
- Nine or more credit hours in an AACSB-accredited MBA program with a cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher
- US military service
Applying does not guarantee approval. The Admissions Committee will review requests on a case-by-case basis. The review process may take up to three weeks with decisions sent by email. If the Admissions Committee has questions, they will contact the applicant.
Note: Applicants with the US degree equivalent of a J.D., Ph.D, Pharm.D, or MD will receive an automatic waiver approval after submitting the waiver form.
To apply, please email the following to the MBA Office at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed GMAT/GRE Waiver Request Form
- Undergraduate Transcripts
- Graduate Transcripts (if applicable)
- Current Resume
GMAT Fee Waivers
GMAT fee waivers are intended to help economically disadvantaged
full-time applicants who wish to pursue graduate business education. If approved, the student will receive a fee waiver that can be used for one test administration. The number of waivers available is extremely limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Students are not eligible for multiple fee waiver awards and must meet one of the following criteria for consideration:
- Submitted Jenkins MBA application
- Current Jenkins MBA application in progress and
- Participated in a Jenkins MBA event or phone consultation
Completed fee waiver requests will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee on a case-by-case basis. The review process may take up to three weeks with decisions sent by email. If awarded, the fee waiver must be used by the date specified in the decision email.
Please note that the receipt of a GMAT fee waiver does not guarantee admission to the Jenkins MBA program, nor does it guarantee financial awards if admitted. Students seeking consideration for financial awards must indicate such on their program application and follow any additional instructions provided.
- Analytical writing assessment score of 4.5 or higher on the GMAT/GRE
- Satisfactory communication and teamwork skills, as assessed during the admissions interview
- Five years of residency in the US or approved countries, working in an establishment where all activities are conducted in English
Applicants wishing to apply for a TOEFL/IELTS waiver should select “yes” on the application when asked if they are applying for a TOEFL waiver.