Applying to the Jenkins MBA
View our Current Class profiles, providing key statistics about our most recently enrolled MBA students:
- Four year bachelor’s degree (or US degree equivalent) from a regionally accredited college or university*
*International students with a three year bachelor’s degree or transcripts in a language other than English are required to request a course-by-course evaluation, as well as a conversion to a GPA on a 4.0 scale. For more information, please click please refer to The Graduate School. We recommend evaluations be conducted by World Education Services.
- Completion of an undergraduate statistics course with a grade of “C” or better prior to beginning MBA coursework. You may apply before completing the statistics requirement, however, a transcript indicating completion must be received and reviewed before the beginning of the semester.
A statistics course equivalent to ST 311 or ST 350
You can determine if you took a class equivalent here.
If you need to take a course, you may view NC State University course options here.
- Two years of full-time, post-baccalaureate professional employment is required for applicants to the Professional Evening and Online MBA programs. The same experience is not required, but highly recommended, for the Full-time MBA program. Work experience waivers may be considered for those with military service or special circumstances.
GMAT/GRE Requirement and Waiver Options
Full-time applicants must submit official GMAT or GRE scores; scores are valid for five years. Applicants may qualify for the GMAT/GRE waiver. Review the waiver policy to learn more details about eligibility. Applicants with the US degree equivalent of a J.D., Ph.D, Pharm.D, or MD will receive an automatic waiver approval after submitting the waiver form.
Professional Evening and Online applicants are not required to submit GMAT or GRE scores.
International applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Transcripts and Official Documentation
- All official transcripts, diplomas, and academic records must be in English or translated into English.
- Students with a three-year bachelor’s degree or transcripts in a language other than English must request a course-by-course evaluation, as well as a conversion to a GPA on a 4.0 scale. We recommend World Education Services for course evaluations and assessments. For more information, please refer to The Graduate School.
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Students who have completed one year or more of full-time study as a degree-seeking student in a US four-year institution are not required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
- All other applicants must submit a TOEFL score unless approved for a waiver. The minimum TOEFL score for admission is at least 100 on the internet-based test (250 computer-based) and the minimum IELTS score is at least 7.5. Scores are valid for two years. The institution code is 5496.
Mail official copies of your TOEFL or IELTS score to:The Graduate School
North Carolina State University
1020 Main Campus Drive, Room 2300A
Campus Box 7102
Raleigh, NC 27695-7102
International applicants should refer to the Policies and Procedures for additional admissions information.