Applying to the Jenkins MBA
View our Current Class profiles, providing key statistics about our most recently enrolled MBA students:
- Four year bachelor’s degree (or US degree equivalent) from a regionally accredited college or university*
*International students with a three year bachelor’s degree or transcripts in a language other than English are required to request a course-by-course evaluation, as well as a conversion to a GPA on a 4.0 scale. For more information, please click please refer to The Graduate School. We recommend evaluations be conducted by World Education Services.
- Completion of an undergraduate statistics course with a grade of “C” or better prior to beginning MBA coursework. You may apply before completing the statistics requirement, however, a transcript indicating completion must be received and reviewed before the beginning of the semester.
A statistics course equivalent to ST 311 or ST 350
You can determine if you took a class equivalent here.
If you need to take a course, you may view NC State University course options here.
- Two years of full-time, post-baccalaureate professional employment is required for applicants to the Professional Evening and Online MBA programs. The same experience is not required, but highly recommended, for the Full-time MBA program. Work experience waivers may be considered for those with military service or special circumstances.
GMAT/GRE Requirement and Waiver Options
All applicants must submit official GMAT or GRE scores unless they qualify for a waiver. There is no preference between the two tests and scores are valid for five years.
- For more information regarding the GMAT, call 1.800.717.GMAT or visit the GMAT website.
- For more information regarding the GRE, call 1.866.473.4373 or visit the GRE website.
NC State offers applicants an opportunity to apply for a GMAT/GRE waiver. Applicants with the US degree equivalent of a J.D., Ph.D, Pharm.D, or MD are automatically waived. All other applicants must submit a GMAT-GRE Waiver Request Form prior to applying.
International students who have completed one year or more of full-time study as a degree- seeking student in a US four-year institution are not required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores. All other applicants must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores, unless they qualify for a waiver.
The minimum TOEFL score for admission is at least 100 on the internet-based test (250 computer-based) and the minimum IELTS score is at least 7.5. Scores are valid for only two years. The institution code is 5496.
Official copies of your TOEFL or IELTS score should be sent directly to:
The Graduate School
North Carolina State University
1000 Main Campus Drive
Campus Box 7102
Raleigh, NC 27695-7102