The MAC/MBA dual degree program, is designed to provide our students with cross-sector education in accounting and business management. Through practical coursework and internships, our students gain a competitive edge that sets them apart.
Students who wish to pursue this dual degree will complete the MAC degree first and then the MBA degree during the 2nd year. Interested students may apply to the MBA program while enrolled in the MAC program.
All students must complete the MBA Full-time orientation in August, before beginning MBA coursework. Additional course requirements for the MBA degree are listed below.
All dual degree students will work with an MBA Advisor on developing a plan to meet their MBA requirements.
At a minimum, dual-degree MBA/MAC students must complete 33 credit hours for the MBA program. Of those hours, 21 must be unique to the MBA Program and can not be used toward any other degree, while the remaining 12 hours can be shared with the MAC requirements.
Visit the MBA Course Descriptions page to review eligible classes and sections.
- Core Classes: 16 Hours
- Students will take the MBA core classes in their first year according to the typical Full-time MBA Schedule.
- Waived Core Classes
- MBA 501: Financial Accounting
- MBA 502: Managerial Accounting
- MBA 520: Managerial Finance
- Concentration Classes: 12 Hours
- 6 hours from MAC will be used to meet this requirement
- MBA Electives: 10 hours
- Can count toward hours for concentration
- Analytics/Quantitative Course
- Can count toward hours for concentration or elective