MMB students have the option of entering NC State University’s Poole College of Management’s MBA program for one year after completion of the MMB program to receive their MBA with a concentration in either Biosciences Management or Entrepreneurship. The summer after completing the MMB program, students will complete their MBA Internship and then will start classes in Fall after attending MBA Orientation in August.
Interested MMB students can take the GMAT or use their GRE scores (must have been taken within 5 years of applying to the MBA program) and apply to the MBA Program, typically during the summer or fall of their second year in the MMB program. The MBA concentration that the MMB student is interested in dictates which MBA electives the student will take in the MMB program.
All Dual Degree students will work with an MBA Advisor on developing a plan to meet their MBA requirements.
At a minimum, Dual Degree MBA/MMB students must complete all MBA degree requirements to include:
- Core Classes: 20 Hours
- Students will take the MBA core classes in their first year according to the typical Full-time MBA Schedule.
- Concentration Classes: 12 Hours
- MBA Electives: as needed and confirmed with your advisor
- Can count toward hours for concentration
- Analytics/Quantitative Course
- Can count toward hours for concentration or elective