- Completion of the Graduate School’s online application form. You must also complete the section labeled “MBA Supplemental Application.”
- $75 non-refundable application fee for U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents or $85 USD for non-resident aliens and international applicants. Application fee waivers may be available for U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents with financial need. Please send your request to Dr. David Shafer, Assistant Dean, at firstname.lastname@example.org and include an explanation of your economic circumstances.
- Personal Statement
- Resume (2 page limit recommended). You may view a sample resume for reference on general formatting and structure.
- Essays (to be uploaded to the MBA section of the application)
- Official transcripts from each college/university attended should be uploaded to the online application. Unofficial transcripts are sufficient for the Admissions Committee to make a recommendation for admission, but you must submit official transcripts to The Graduate School for official admission to NC State. If your school sends official electronic transcripts, they may be emailed to email@example.com. It is not necessary to request NC State transcripts.
- Three recommendations (instructions included in application). Recommenders must be either professional or academic in nature. Applicants to the Professional Evening and Online MBA programs must provide at least one professional recommendation. And, it’s recommended that at least one recommendation (for all program applicants) be submitted by a current or prior supervisor. Applicants must use the online recommendation template provided within the application and submit the recommendations using the application system. View our sample recommendation form here. We will not accept written recommendations using this sample form.
- Official GMAT or GRE scores. Review our GMAT/GRE waiver policy.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (international applicants only) Review our waiver policy.
- Admissions interview (by invitation only). Review Admissions Policy and Process
One of the final stages of the review process is a one-on-one interview conducted by invitation only. Applicants are reviewed and selected by our Admissions Committee. Typically conducted in person, a Skype or Google Hangout interview may be arranged as needed. Questions focus on teamwork, leadership, career goals and professional or academic experience.
Notification of Acceptance
Generally within 30 days after the interview, you will receive your admission decision from the Dean of the Graduate School through the online application system. All decisions are final; however, candidates may reapply the following admissions cycle.
Military Application Fee Waiver
An application fee waiver is available to U.S. military (active duty and veterans). To apply for the waiver, please select the Payment By Check option on the application and email the MBA office to request your waiver.Information for Military Applicants