- Completion of the Graduate School’s online application form. You must also complete the section labeled “MBA Supplemental Application.”
- $75 non-refundable application fee for U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents or $85 USD for non-resident aliens and international applicants.
- Personal Statement
- Essays (to be uploaded to the MBA Supplemental Application section of the application)
- Official transcripts from each college/university attended should be uploaded to the online application. Unofficial transcripts are sufficient for the Admissions Committee to make a recommendation for admission, but you must submit official transcripts to the Graduate School for official admission to NC State. If your school sends official electronic transcripts, they may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is not necessary to request NC State transcripts.
- Three recommendations (instructions included in application). Recommenders must be either professional or academic in nature. Applicants to the Professional Evening and Online MBA programs must provide at least one professional recommendation. And, it’s recommended that at least one recommendation (for all program applicants) be submitted by a current or prior supervisor. Applicants must use the online recommendation template provided within the application and submit the recommendations using the application system. View our sample recommendation form here. We will not accept written recommendations using this sample form.
- Official GMAT or GRE scores. Review our GMAT/GRE waiver policy.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (international applicants only) Review our waiver policy.
- Admissions interview (by invitation only)
One of the final stages of the review process is a one-on-one interview conducted by invitation only. Applicants are reviewed and selected by our Admissions Committee. Typically conducted in person, a Skype or Google Hangout interview may be arranged as needed. Questions focus on teamwork, leadership, career goals and professional or academic experience.
Notification of Acceptance
Generally within 30 days after the interview, you will receive your admission decision from the Dean of the Graduate School through the online application system. All decisions are final; however, candidates may reapply the following admissions cycle.
Military Application Fee Waiver
An application fee waiver is available to U.S. military (active duty and veterans). To apply for the waiver, please select the Payment By Check option on the application and email the MBA office to request your waiver.Information for Military Applicants
Interview Policy and Process
Interviews are conducted as one of the final stages of the review process, after an application has been submitted and reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Interviews are conducted by invitation only. Applicants to the MBA program are selected to interview based on the quality of a completed application. If an applicant is selected for an interview, they will be contacted by the MBA Program by email to schedule a date. We will not offer admission to a candidate until he/she has completed a personal interview with a member of the Admissions Committee.
If you are chosen to interview, we will send you an email message that describes the process for scheduling an interview and the date by which the interview must be completed. Interviews are conducted in-person at the MBA Office on either the NC State Main Campus or the MBA RTP facility. If an applicant is not available for an in-person interview, we will arrange a Skype or Google Hangout interview.
Interviews are typically conducted one-to-one, with the applicant and one Admissions Committee representative. Interviews usually take approximately 30 minutes and include questions focused on teamwork, leadership, career goals, and professional/academic experience. If time allows at the end, applicants are welcome to ask questions about the program and admission process. The suggested attire for the interview is business professional. Unless otherwise notified, applicants do not need to bring any materials with them to the interview.