Follow the steps below to request a seat in a MBA course. All electronic Petition to Add forms must be submitted online.
Note: Petitions will NOT be considered for the following MBA courses: all online courses [except for MBA 541], MBA 610 courses, MBA 590 courses and all of the core MBA courses (500, 501, 502, 503, 504, 505, 506, 507, 520, 530, 540, 550, 560 and 580). Possible exceptions may be made for courses required for the SAP certification.
Who Should Complete this Process?
- If you are a non-MBA graduate degree seeking student and wish to request a seat in a MBA course, you will need to read this document and submit an electronic Petition to Add form.
- If you are a current MBA student or enrolled in a dual-degree with the MBA program, please contact your Advisor.
Directions and Policy
- Failure to provide and submit all requested information on the electronic Petition to Add form by the deadline will prevent review of your petition.
- Petition to Add Forms will not be considered for the MBA courses noted above.
- The Petition to Add form will require you to sign in through your NCSU Gmail account, since it records your Unity ID with submission. No requests to share the document will be accepted, since it is accessible to only NCSU accounts.
- All requests to be added to an MBA course must be submitted through the electronic Petition to Add form. No emails, paper copies, in-person, faculty, or phone requests will be granted.
- Please include ALL the courses you are requesting to add on a SINGLE Petition to Add request form.
- If your petition is granted but the MBA Program is unable to add the course due to a schedule conflict, credit hour limit, or other restriction, your request will be disqualified. The MBA Program may try to add the course before notifying you of the petition request being granted, so your schedule should be ready for the course addition when you submit your request.
The Review Process
- The MBA Program will notify you by email whether or not you were granted a seat by the date posted below.
- The MBA Program will add you to any course(s) for which your petition is approved, which you will be able to see on your schedule in MyPack Portal after being added to the course.
- Submitted Petition to Add forms do not guarantee a seat in the class.
- If you are granted a seat, you must begin attending class immediately. You will have already been added to the class and should see it listed in MyPack Portal. You are responsible for any additional fees and/or tuition that may be applied due to adding the requested course.
- If you are not granted a seat, you should not contact the MBA Office or the professor to ask for their assistance.
If you have questions, please be sure to review this document carefully. If your question was not answered, you may contact the MBA Office at email@example.com. Please be sure to include your full name and student ID in the subject line.
Fall 2017 Petition to Add
The Fall 2017 Petition to Add form opens on July 10, 2017.
The submission deadline is July 30, 2017 by 5pm.
We will not consider late submissions – no exceptions.
Approved students will be registered for their requested class no later then August 7, 2017. Please review the above policies and procedures for more information on notification.