Getting ready for MBA

A few weeks prior to starting your MBA, you will complete the virtual orientation, MBA Launch, where you will learn all the details you need to know to be successful. But, we know there are things you may have questions about today. So, here are a few Frequently Asked Questions -- and answers -- to help.

Frequently Asked Questions

What next steps do I need to take to secure my admission?

1. Submit Final Information to The Graduate School: Before you can be fully admitted, you must submit all final documentation, which includes all official transcripts and any international student document required (if applicable). Following submission The Graduate School will email to you an official decision letter than includes your NC State University “Unity ID.”

2. Submit Enrollment Deposit: If you have not already done so, please complete your Intent to Enroll form and submit your $300 Enrollment Deposit. Instructions for submitting your deposit are available in your official admission email from the Dean of the The Graduate School.

3.) Complete MBA Launch: Once you have completed the steps above and are enrolled as a Jenkins MBA student, we will send you information about MBA Launch, your virtual orientation that covers everything you need to know about the Jenkins MBA program. We will notify you via email once MBA Launch opens.

4.) Meet with Your Advisor: Your academic advisor will email you when it is time to start advising and registering for spring classes. You (all students) will have an advising hold on your account until you talk with your academic advisor. At that time, she will let you know what you need to do in order to remove your hold. During your advising appointment you will discuss your plan for the program, including the classes you will take your first semester. And, your advisor will answer any questions you have. Please note that you may not register for classes until you are a fully enrolled and admitted NC State student.

Do I need immunizations?

Your official admission letter from The Graduate School will state that you need to complete an immunization form, but part-time students (this includes students in the Professional Evening and Online MBA programs) are NOT required to complete these forms.

What is the difference between Unity ID and Campus ID and Student ID?

Each person affiliated with NC State University is assigned a Unity ID and Unity password. This is included in your official admittance email from The Graduate School.

Please note that your Unity ID is different from Campus ID.

The NC State University Office of Information and Technology (OIT) has a webpage dedicated to describing your Unity ID and Campus ID.

Your Unity ID

  • Has eight or fewer characters
    Examples: eapoe, jddoe4, owinfrey, tseliot2
  • Has letters generated from your initials and last name
  • May end with one or more numerals (if the letters generated for you match those for someone else)
  • Synonyms: Unity username, Unity user ID, Unity login ID

You’ll need your Unity ID and password when you log in to:

  • MyPack Portal
  • Secure Web sites
  • Certain OIT services
  • Other university IT resources

Your Campus ID

  • Has nine numerals (no letters)
    Example: ID # 123456789
  • Follows “ID #” on your NC State University Wolfpack One Card
  • Synonyms: Student ID Number, Employee ID Number, Peoplesoft ID Number

Your Campus ID is also included in the official admit email from The Graduate School, and we will share information with you on how to obtain your Wolfpack One Card in MBA Launch.

Do I need to purchase a laptop computer?

The Jenkins MBA program requires all students own or have access to a laptop computer. Please note that some classes use software not compatible with Apple products so if you opt for an Apple product, you may need to work with University IT support services to address compatibility issues.

Students will need access to a computer that will run application software compatible with MS Windows 10.

For more information and additional NC State recommendations on laptop purchases, please see:

Poole College Computer Information for Students

What do I need to know about Tuition and Billing?

Students will receive tuition bills via email after they register for classes. The date you receive your E-bill will depend on when you were officially admitted by the Graduate School. Please be sure to add to your list of trusted senders. You may also check your bill by logging in to MyPack Portal. To login, you’ll need your Unity/User ID and password, which is contained in your official acceptance letter from The Graduate School.

You may pay your tuition bill online by credit card (ePay). The University accepts Master Card or American Express. However, Visa or Discover are not acceptable methods of payment. For more information, please see Payment Options. Please refer to the Cashier’s Office for information about due dates.

Main Campus students may find current tuition rates listed on the Cashier’s Office website, while RTP Campus and Online students should refer to the distance education section of the Cashier’s Office page.

Half-time enrollment in a graduate degree program for federal student aid is defined at NC State as 4.5 credit hours. This means that you must be enrolled in at least 4.5 credit hours in order to borrow a federal student loan or maintain in-school deferment status for loans you may have borrowed in the past.

If you have questions about financial aid, requirements for aid, or student loans please contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid for assistance.

Do I need to get a parking pass for RTP or Nelson Hall?

No. You can park in the deck at 1 Park Drive in RTP at any time, or in the Dan Allen Parking Deck beside Nelson Hall, after 5:00 p.m. on weekdays without a parking pass.

Do I need to take any preparatory courses prior to enrolling in MBA courses?

All students must have completed an undergraduate statistics course with a grade of “C” or better prior to beginning MBA coursework.

If you did not complete this requirement prior to being admitted, please refer to the following:

A statistics course equivalent to ST 311 or ST 350

You can determine if a class you took is equivalent here. To view course descriptions, click here.

Additionally, all new Jenkins MBA students must complete MBA Math; detailed information is available in the Orientation Moodle web site. If you have any questions you can contact your academic advisor.

Where can I find the NC State University academic calendar?